Tuesday, December 7, 2010

GetGlue gains funding, creates very limited sticker set

GetGlue today announced on their blog that they had closed a $6M round of funding led by Time Warner investments, with participation from their current investors, RRE Ventures and Union Square Ventures.

To commemorate the event, they released a limited sticker set which has been awarded to what is quite possibly the smallest range of people ever - six people. The stickers, with their accompanying text, are presented below.




Time Warner Investments
I invested in GetGlue. See other cool things I invested in: bit.ly/96Up7y










RRE Ventures
I invested in GetGlue. See other cool things I invested in: bit.ly/gVEob5










Union Square Ventures
I invested in GetGlue. See other cool things I invested in: bit.ly/22rUm

6 comments:

  1. I think the stickers should say " I invested in GetGlue and all I got was this lousy sticker!"

    Excited to see what is to come. I hope that GG will expand to other networks- CBS, NBC, ABC and studios for new stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping for CBS stickers, with all the checking in I do on the various shows...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole limited sticker stuff, how can a computer image be limited? It's crazy...I mean they say to you get it before it's gone..I think those kinds of rules they have are just unbelievable. No, I'm not moaning...I even told one of their employees they ought to rename it limited edition getglue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skygazer - check out the blog post over @ GetGlue that I linked to. It lists the GG users who work for the VC firms that were awarded the stickers.

    Nikki - I don't necessarily have a problem with limited edition stickers so long as everyone is given a chance to earn them. When it comes to ones like this, though, it just strikes me as silly to create an ultra-limited set.

    ReplyDelete