Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday Stickers - Boardwalk Empire Finale, Sarah Palin's Alaksa

She's a Great Shot
"Mama Grizzly" has the hunting skills to live up to her nickname. Share this one proudly. It's from our friends at TLC.
Req: Check-in to Sarah Palin's Alaska on 5 Dec, 2010










Fried to the Hat
You earned the Fried to the Hat sticker for Boardwalk Empire! Share this one proudly. It's from our friends at HBO.
Req: Check-in to Boardwalk Empire on 5 Dec, 2010 to keep your buzz going







Boardwalk Empire Season One Finale
You earned the Season One Finale sticker for Boardwalk Empire! Share this one proudly. It's from our friends at HBO
Req: Check-in to Boardwalk Empire on 5 Dec, 2010










Note: Apparently the "Boss" sticker for Boardwalk Empire isn't live yet or it will be awarded at some later point? We'd better hear something from GetGlue on this quick, or there are going to be a lot of users up in arms. According to GetGlue's Twitter feed, "Boss is a very special sticker so it is taking us a little extra time to award it." Sounds like either the script someone wrote to check for the awarding broke or they're going to have to check the records manually. It may be a while before you see the Boss sticker awarded to your account if you rightfully earned it.

13 comments:

  1. Yeah. I'm worried already :(. People that joined GG way after the BE premiere are going to end up with that Boss sticker. Mark my words. What incentive did we get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sense The Boss one may take some manual input. After the awarding of the full 12 sticker set to many people who are not eligible for the Boss sticker the sticker awarding computer can't just check to verify that the other 12 stickers are present. I can't imagine there are that many people which properly checked into every episode since the popularity of getglue really hit after the premiere - you had to get in early, check-in every week, and not get glitched out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats what happened to me, it should have clicked like the rest but hasn't

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've checked in faithfully every week - received the weekly Boardwalk sticker and have not seen the Boss one awarded to me - let alone anyone else yet... if it's Glue - it must be Glitchy... I'm thinking maybe it will magically appear?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. According to their Twitter feed..."Boss is a very special sticker so it is taking us a little extra time to award it."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, that basically means either they're probably going to have to manually award it after checking all the records of the users that have the sets or the script they set up to award it didn't trigger properly and they're still going to have to manually award it. Good game there, GG - you created a boatload of extra work for yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've checked in every week at or around 9 pm. I hope I get mine. I'll be watching users' profiles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess it requires a manual recount. How appropriate for an episode about rig elections!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boss sticker arrived this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anyone know what the minimum # of checks (during broadcast) were needed to get the full set? I joined after the premiere (Nov 3) & checked in for the last 5 weeks- every week I was a member, but didn't get anything. I am not complaining just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got my Boss sticker this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just for the record, I didn't join GG until after the Boardwalk Premiere but still checked in every week since the third or fourth episode. I did get the entire set, including Fried to the Hat & the finale sticker. However, I did NOT get The Boss, which means that it was awarded correctly, however they went about it.

    ReplyDelete