Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My reply to customer support...

Here it is, verbatim:

"GetGlue Crew -

I contacted support today regarding an issue I am seeing with my account. I received the response attached below as a reply. My original e-mail is below that.

With all due respect, the canned response I received in regards to my initial message holds little water with me. I'm not some GetGlue newbie that just did his first check-in yesterday. This isn't the first time my account has been hit with a problem where the proper amount of check-ins to a topic resulted in no stickers being awarded. I'm not the only one who is having trouble with the Daily Rundown set. I'm well aware of the minimum 15-minute spacing requirement that GetGlue's system places on legitimate check-ins. I'm also well aware of the requirements for earning these stickers, specifically being 5 and 15 check-ins. I followed the same check-in behaviors as pretty much everyone else out there that already earned the stickers last night. So unless you're going to go back and yank the stickers from EVERYONE who earned them last night (because they definitely weren't watching the show during its 9 AM time slot, nor were they technically able to watch a new episode less than once every hour, so they were obviously not exhibiting "genuine behavior") or launch an overall investigation into the accounts of anyone who earned both a Fan and Superfan sticker for a single topic in the same day, I'd appreciate an answer that actually addresses my problem instead of accusing me of trying to game the system.  Is there a bug or not, and if so then is support looking into it?

More than a bit put-out,

Frank Hinz
http://getglue.com/fhinz1"

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHHHAHHHHAAAHA! my laugh sounds like a crazy witch's laugh (just so you know)
    good for you, Frank! :D that was a "nice" reply!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reply- would also like to point out that unless you live in the US you do have to play the system as they say because of the time zone locks! If they took them off would be much fairer and not open to abuse as much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. finally! I was going to write GetGlue but the lady there just blew me off. I wrote that I have checked-in to Dexter (10) and Weeds (6) at least 5 times yet have not received the specific fan sticker for those shows. The lady wrote that there has to be specific conditions that must be met to earn them. WTF does that mean? I always check-in to those shows at the time they air! What other conditions must there be?

    I also checked into shows (24, LOST, Heroes, Arrested Development, etc...) that have "jumped the shark" (I guess that means that are no longer airing) but I haven't earned the sticker for that either. But I scroll down to where people are earning them and people who are checking in to shows like 10 times an hour are getting stickers (just "catch 'em all", which this game is not about necessarily) even though I legitimately checking-in to shows during their actual timeslots. (I'm in Eastern time in the US so I should be one of the first people to earn stickers). It pisses me off because now I have to "game the system" to basically get what I have already earned. This is really getting on my nerves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jumped the shark does not mean that they are no longer airing. From wikipedia = Jumping the shark is an idiom used to denote the point in a television program's history where the plot spins off into absurd storylines or unlikely characterizations. These changes were often the result of efforts to revive interest in a show whose audience had begun to decline.

    ReplyDelete