Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Two weeks down...

Update:  Two weeks since my latest request for my stickers. No sign of anything yet.

While that may not necessarily be news, I think it'll be interesting to keep a timeline running here and finally update everything with a picture when my stickers do finally arrive. I do find it interesting, however, that GetGlue has changed their policy on sticker shipments yet again. Originally it was a requirement that you had seven stickers earned on your account before you could request them. Then it got bumped up to 15. Now the bar has been raised to 20, with the additional proviso that they will only send you 20 stickers at a time because that is all a standard envelope will hold with a single stamp.

I can understand the new limitations. It makes sense that they would limit the number of stickers sent out at once, because if they sent out all the stickers everyone requested at the same time it would be a killer on the cost of shipment. Unfortunately they've swapped the cost of shipment for what amounts to a logistics nightmare: keeping track of what they've sent to who. Best of luck to them in managing that database.

12 comments:

  1. Good luck with getting your stickers. I got mine in about 2 weeks, but we are both located in NY. I got 12 stickers, one of which I have not unlocked yet. I seems that you just get a random selection of your stickers. I even got stickers that I unlocked after my sticker request. I should be interesting you see what happens on the 2nd or 3rd request.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I requested my stickers about a month ago and still nothing, but I hear it takes 6 to 8 weeks so I am about half way through the waiting period I guess. I had 42 stickers when I first requested so it will be interesting to see what I end up with! (Will share when they come!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's about a month out since I requested mine. I'm just sitting tight. I doubt they'll send me my whole stash, but I'm looking forward to whatever they do send.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been almost 3 months for me and still nothing... I'm sad to hear about the limits but it's under standable.. However I have over 300+stickers so will that mean I have to request 40+ times lol... 2 requests in, 3 months and still nothing... I think they need to finger out something out.;(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've requested them twice and received something in the mail both times. I had around 15 on my account last time, but they only sent 4. They also say that they'll only send the ones they have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't know where to ask my stickers on the new website... on the page of all my stickers, there is no more "asking button" even if i've only asked once (recived 15 on 100) and now i've more than 350 stickrs to ask... i hope my favorites will NOT run out of stock :(((

    someone knows where disappear the "asking button" ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got my stickers about 3 1/2 weeks after request. When I first requested I was at 67 stickers and then I went sticker hunting crazy and 2 days later I was at almost 200. I got 15 stickers, all of which I earned, but there were about 2 or 3 that were earned AFTER my request.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Has anyone ever received duplicate stickers? I've requested stickers twice, the 1st request I received 15, the 2nd request 16. I have 3 sets of doubles, the HBO Outlaw, Former Soap Star and the Mad Men season finale. I can see why they are running out of stickers because they are sending people stickers they already received. I know I'm probably not the only one who has duplicate stickers. I also received the Boardwalk Empire premiere sticker which is one I was unable to earn because it was only available on 9/19 & I didn't sign up for GG till 9/27.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey all,

    As I mentioned in a previous comment here, we have been actively working through and improving our sticker fulfillment process.

    The good news is that requests that come in now will be dealt with in a timely manner with good results. Expectations are also being correctly aligned!

    Thanks for your continued patience.

    @Fraser

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Fraser : you seem very up-to-date so maybe you'll be able to tell me where is the asking-form for the sitckers. i've asked mine for the first time more than a month ago and i've more than 20 new to ask... thx for responding me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I requested my stickers a couple months ago, & I only got 4 out of the 20 plus I had at the time, & I wanted to request again a couple days aog & the banner wouldnt even pop up. :/

    ReplyDelete